Saturday, November 24, 2012

Best Tip I've Ever Gotten....and the Worst

Friday nights have become notoriously slow at my store. Slow as in by 10:45pm the entire store was almost empty, than of course some 11pm strags came along..
However, I was cut! So this story has nothing to do with inconvenient people.

Last night was Trivia Night also. I had a man come in, around 40, maybe a little younger, probably not older. He immediately started conversation so I knew he was here for what Hooters is here for- Hooters Girls. He didn't eat much only celery but kicked back a few Captain Morgans and Gingerales. I literally sat with him most of the time he was there, talking about random shit, just trying to make good conversation. I HATE being so young...it's either you get a stare when you tell people or they feel the need to lay you down with life lessons. He, however, did neither and we talked just like normal about going out, my tattoos, Thanksgiving. He didn't do so good on trivia and I honestly didn't know any of the answers either. "Who is the crazy lawyer from the Simpsons?" Seriously!?!??!?! Who the hell would know that?? Two weeks ago, they asked "What is Marge Simpson's maiden name?" .................................................wtf mate.
Anywho, my table was awesome, I learned at the end of the night that his name was Anthony, by being a stalker and looking at his card since I realized I didn't ask the whole night. He said he had to leave and that he was sorry but I assured him it was fine and brought him his check right away. He shook my hand and said "nice to meet you" than left. I was in the middle of bussing two tables so I quickly grabbed the check and shoved it in my pouch. Later on, I look to find a $20 tip..and the bill was $20.

That, my friends, was my first 100% tip ((:

However, my last table of the night. A family of three, a little foreign..the parent's at least. I didn't do anything special for them besides follow the 12 steps. Didn't add any flare or anything, just made sure they had everything they needed as soon as they needed it.

I'll actually take this time out to say, Hooters Girls work HARD. At least in my store, we do. I'm constantly making sure everyone has enough Sweet Tea and that their beers are on their way. Pre-bussing your tables so that they look nice for you and you don't have to see that pile of chicken bones left over from the meat you just devoured (and it's easier for me in the end.) I'm making sure that I'm offering you everything you could possibly want, the first time around, so you don't have to ask for it once I bring your food. I ask you how your meal is, after every plate is brought out. I make sure everything is the way you want it, no questions asked.

At the same time, I'm running around the kitchen seeing if there are cups or plates that need to be brought out. I'm running the bus tubs back to the kitchen, putting them in their dish rack because the Staff Guy is nowhere to be found. I'm running the dirty silverware back, I'm getting more lemons, I'm getting more ice. As a Hooters Girl, I am literally doing EVERYTHING. I am also, more often than not, STARVING and exhausted, so feel free to invite me to sit and eat some Boneless wings with you (:

Back to my shitty table,
Their bill was around $25 to $30...they left me $3.95...........
no, I was not worth the nickel more to make $4 even
so fuck you and your tip calculator

xxoo HootersBabe

No comments:

Post a Comment