Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Being Nice gets you a LONG Day

Yesterday was our second Holiday Dress Up Day. I opted for this gray and red skirt I own that has snowflakes or something winter-y on them and a red tank top. Mind you, my last two Dress Up day outfits have been lingerie and bra and underwear. Needless to say, my manager who cares the most about that shit, was a little disappointed.

However, I picked up a girl's shift because she needed to go to the lady doctor. It entailed me to be there from 10:45-8. Awesome, a little bit more hours, more money. It'll be good.
BUT, the new manager was on tonight. He literally wants to do everything by the book and its annoying because this is our Hooters and our lovely managers let unimportant things fall through the cracks. Example: He enlisted a new rule if you go back to text, you need to bring dishes.. Just little shit that makes sense, but it's like....come on Ross.
Around six o clock I had a large table of about ten come in. Honestly, they were perfect. They all paid together and their orders were fairly easy. They also didn't come in at the same time so getting their drinks was easy. While I had this big table, I told these two girls they could pick up some of my tables if they wanted. I also wanted to be able to head out as soon as these people were done. That does not happen however. I cleaned that section perfectly, started clearing out bus tubs and silverware bins. I even took another table to pass the time, but I still wasn't cut. I look at the clock at 8 and go heyyyy...you know what time it is. "Let's just see how it keeps going. You can start to clean a little bit but we'll see" ARE YOU SERIOUS!?!?!? IT'S EIGHT-FIFTEEN. I have been here for 8.5 hours now and I'm not even cut. I started to clean EVERYTHING I saw, made sure my sections were perfect, and made sure the couple I had were okay. They gave me a good tip and they were actually from the same part of town I'm from so I talked to them as they were at the end of their meal. Okay it was 8:50 and I finally got cut....I started breaking down the wait station only to do at least 70% of the work HB didn't do shit. I just got everything to the back, swept, and brought most of the shit. I also rolled silverware so fast anyone would've been amazed...I wiped it down so you don't have shitty spots on it too. I hate it when girls don't do that...would you want a knife with spots on it, even if they're water stains? No..... all in all, I escaped before HB which made me glad. But I only ended my day with $107, granted I'm happy since it was slow and it was the first time I passed the $100 mark but it was a long ass day....
I'm working Boxing Night this Saturday Paccio vs M...... lol & on Sunday.

OHYEAH! My birthday is on Friday (: I'm only turning 19..but whatever, sounds better than 18.

No comments:

Post a Comment