Thursday, November 8, 2012

Training Day One and Two!

I'm busy...which means I'm lacking on the blogging skills. I go to school 3-4 days a week which is 30 minutes in the other direction of the 30 minutes it takes to get to Hoots from my house. I also have a full time boyfriend and I've practically ruined our relationship and it's just not going away....I'm listening to Haunted by Taylor Swift on repeat...acoustic version if that gives you an idea.

But anyways,
back to being a Hooters Girl and that means HAPPY and girls in small clothes!

Speaking of small clothes..... I'm a XXS, I almost had XXXS shorts but the irriversable muffin top was just too much. The clothes are tight, just like everyone says. I actually put the uniform on first before I touch my make up than put a robe on so nothing will get on it lol. I hate the nylons though! I like how they cover me up but they are so hot, especially running around. There was only one pair of socks and HJS told me that we were going to get in a new shipment so I wore them for the picture first than I have them to the other new girl HB and I just let her keep them. Big mistake!

So my first training day was three days later on Monday, I wasn't expected to know anything besides learn the seating arrangement and some basic hospitality rules. But I was studying my ass off on the alcohol quiz. I made flashcards and I made study quizzes....this was important, I hadn't done that shit on my own since like middle school. I came into the store in sweatpants and a jacket, its getting cold quick, even in Florida! I didn't have my shoes on though and I quickly saw HJS so I decided to ask her if they got the shipment in....her face was priceless and allowed me to assume, there were no socks. I was right. I was told to go to Walmart and find the biggest mens sock I could find. I spent five minutes scouring the sock selection until I found some white big and tall crew socks. $5.50...I would also like to mention, right now I am broke.... BROKE. 50 cents in my checking account, zero cash... no coins saved up. I'm starving and my only source of food at school is granola bars. I was told I would be reimbursed but I haven't asked for the money, I just keep forgetting. Anywho, I finally returned, only about 10 minutes late and my trainer HE was waiting by the door and introduced herself. I changed as quick as I could than brought my stuff to the back than we started training. 

It was day one so all I had to do was follow her. It was a Monday afternoon shift and it was extremely slow but we had a lot of time to talk and for her to quiz me on the liquors. She said she was impressed that I knew as much as I did. I met a couple of the girls too, I don't think I'll mention any of  them because I'm not sure how much I'll work with them. Over 30 girls work at my store, I went from a 12 girl staff to this. Ruh roh. But I met a lot of regulars and they all seemed to be comfortable, a little out there but no too weird. Believe me, it's the town we're in lol. Some of the girls do not wear their shorts in Hooters fashion but more of Winghouse with a little more. On my second day of training, my trainer even called them out to me about it but more on her later. I learned that James, Mike, and Eli have their own table and Sam tips a lot. I also learned that the veteran girls don't do shit for anyone else. I don't mind this strategy, as long as they do all their own shit. I was getting the hang of where everything is and how to clean and where and what to put in the kitchen and honestly, the girls weren't that bad. They asked me questions about myself and talked about their lives and I felt really comfortable. I got my free food (: onion tanglers that my boyfriend devoured when I brought home and boneless wings, half cajun, half three mile (:

My second day of training, I arrived looking somewhat the same as yesterday. Straight hair and eyeliner done, a lot of the girls have fake eyelashes...I want some! I got socks though in the middle of my shift yesterday so I came fully dressed. I felt reallly comfortable, I was with the same manager both days HR and my second trainer was nice. She's from another store in another state and she came down with her best friend. They were definitely more catty than the other girl, and my trainer was giving me more of their opinions and stories about their old store than HE definitely did but we'll see if I ever work with them. I did more work this time, entering all of the information on the POS by myself and I even took most of the order eventually. I have a hard time just randomly talking to people though, I was so awkward at this table of a 40 year old woman and a 30 year old man. But I know it'll get better, especially when no one is watching me. Nothing horrible happened, the one thing I did that I won't forget is I took someone's beer before they were finished. She said it was okay, but I wasn't sure if she meant it. A part of Hooters to is to make sure everything is better than okay.

I train again tomorrow and I'm excited to finally be able to do everything myself! I wonder who will train me though...I hope its this one girl, she has similar hobbies as I do (; oh yeah, and I'm studying my ass off on the menu

No comments:

Post a Comment