Friday, November 23, 2012

Guns, Grenades, and Fights

Sooo it's been two weeks since I've started, I'll remember some interesting highlights and fill you guys in.

My first day was the Tuesday after Veteran's Day so that meant DRESS UPPP! I have this really cute camo lingerie outfit so I was pretttty pumped when I found out I was going to be working that day. It was a relaxed afternoon, there wasn't a huge lunch rush or anything but I ended up making a good amount of money, about $70, not too bad for my first day.

I did, however, encounter my first asshole. I had a table of an elderly couple, about fifties maybe. They seemed to be fine, I wasn't really sitting down and chatting with them as they didn't seem to be that type. However, our bartender, HP, had a fake gun and grenade that she and HJS had been playing with all day. The grenade even squirted water and everything. Now the gun was a little black plastic gun, with no orange tip, this never even phased me. As a girl, I don't know too much about gun safety. My last job was at a laser tag facility that had "real weapon guns" so I know what a MAC 10 and M16 looks like... just not the rules. HP was running around with the little gun, crouching behind tables and stools, just having fun. The guy I was sitting with even put up his hands in "fright". I saw that HB had passed by that table and he was saying something about seeing or talking to a manager. I decided to go check on him and see what was wrong.

"She's running around with a gun like that?!"
*laughter* "yeah, she's playing Green Beret!"
"Oh, so you think it's funny too? Because it's not, she has no idea what in the hell could happen to her if someone walked in with a gun. I'm a law enforcement officer and this is not funny at all."
"Oh my gosh, sir, I'm sorry. I did not realize how dangerous it could be. Here's your check."
He practically throws his card at me after his wife looks at the check.
"Get me a box!"
"I will, right away."
"AND GET ME A BOX"

I was literally flabbergasted. I had no idea that someone would become such an asshole. Do you think that Hooters Girls know the plastic gun proper handling? No, I had no idea that stupid little orange piece was even important.

I proceeded to get him his box and the check and I handed over the bill to the wife since she was the one who was reading the check last. He pretty much snatched it from my hands and told me, "I won't be coming back." ....good riddance, I'd much rather have someone happy and nice than someone who is an asshole and didn't even try to explain anything first. My manager eventually went to talk to him as he was walking out and HD goes, "Was there a problem, sir?" All I could hear was, "You're gonna ask me if there was a problem?!" and than they stepped outside.
Needless to say, all of us looked like deer in headlights. And HP got her gun taken away :(


My second night on the floor was Fight Night. A lot of girls were surprised that they put me on this early and I really didn't take into consideration that Fight Nights got packed. And it did, but sadly enough I had a group of teenagers that ate and sat around the whole time watching the fight. I also had a group of four drinking the night away. He's apparently a regular and comes in all the time so I made sure to keep an eye out on their drinks and get them refills ASAP. They were talking and laughing all throughout the night so it didn't really seem like a table that wanted too much interaction. I tried to be as friendly as possible and joke whenever I could but I didn't pull up a chair and weasel into their conversation. However, when the end of the night came and it was midnight, we wanted everyone to cash out so they just couldn't dine and dash when the fight was over. He seemed offended and I didn't really know how to console him. Mind you too, their tab got to $150 on alcohol and onion tanglers. The first two left somewhat early and their tab ended up being only $50 $60 and they left me a nice $15 tip that I greatly appreciated. However, birthday boy and his friend were left with $100 because of his 8+ Jack and water aka his watered down whiskey, she also got a few margaritas and drinks too. They ended up leaving me only a $10 tip..which is 10%. Honestly, it didn't bother me because of the $15 I got from their friends but it still sucks. I walked to the bar probably about 30 times for you guys, checked on you numerous times, and my manager tells me one thing after he got done talking to him. "You should have just done the extra gestures with him like touching him when you walked away." ..........seriously, because I didn't touch you at all. I sang you a freaking happy birthday song, why do you need a hand on your shoulder as I say, "I'll be right back with that". You were having fun with your friends anyways!?!?!

All in all, it's going good so far. I had to work Thanksgiving but I got out before 10 which was awesome! I also made $30 with 3 tables so that made me happy.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend!
xxoo HootersBabe

No comments:

Post a Comment