Thursday, November 15, 2012

THE LAST OF THE TRAINING!

On the third day of training, you are supposed to really just do everything yourself and you're also supposed to have a Mock Shop for your manager. This is basically just faking the whole 12 steps to a manager. However, I did neither of these on my third day.

My trainer's name will be HA and shes been at my store for four years and she was last year's calendar girl. I don't know if she just forgot that I was supposed to do everything or she just couldnt help it, but she mainly did all the work. I was actually pretty relaxed at this and it didn't bother me too much, I figured I would just learn more. It was an alright shift, about 5 hours, although I was still not making any tips:( All in all, it was a chill day, nothing special.. but I passed my menu test with a 90.48%! You have to get a 90 lol.

Saturday was my Image/Upsell class. This is basically a six-ish hour long class taught by two Trainers from different stores around the area. They gave out little goody bags filled with makeup and tampons or mirrors and brushes so this made me a little bit happier to be there.  It was basically just a bunch of tips on how to look our best and make the most money we can. At Hooters, you can upsell at any time. "I want curly fries" "Would you like to add cheese dip?" "I want a Grilled Chicken sandwich" "Cheese, Chili, Onions, Mushroom, or Bacon on that?" YOU CAN  ALWAYS upsell. And you must ALWAYS look your best. The biggest thing I took away from the whole image part is how to correctly line up your pantyhose, shirt, and shorts together to decrease your muffin top and get rid of all the panty lines.

Oh yeah, by the way...when I got hired, I was told my store hires the hottest girls. They were right! Some of the girls at the image class did not scream Hooters when I looked at them. Either barely any make-up on (and I know there's girls that don't need make-up, HB is one of them. She looks flawless in nothing but mascara) or they just were hanging out all over the place where they shouldn't be. Basically, you can either wear your shorts the normal way so no buttocks is shown....or you can be like some of the girls at my store and the image class and pull them up so your ass cheeks are hanging out. Now I realize, I'm working with 3+ girls at any given moment, but I don't give a shit if your ass cheeks are out. If that gets you that $150 in the afternoon shift, GO FOR IT! What I hate, are the bitches who just constantly nag and complain about it. I don't know, I've never been a typical girl and I hate hearing typical girls bitch.

Moving forward in time....sorry all of these are so long!
On Monday, I showed up to do what is called the "Mock Shop". Basically it's where you fake being a manager's Hooters girl and they grade you. When I showed up, HB was already there because she was working on her third day of training. I had to wait for her to do hers first with our new manager, I'll just call him Sarge, he was in the military so that's all I can think of haha. So I personally was scared I would have to do my Mock Shop with one of the toughest managers, Porky. I know that he quizzes a lot on whats on the menu and I've been studying the menu but not as much as I studied the alcohol test. However, I got Sarge to do my mock shop and he didn't even order any food forreal, so it was soooo easy, I couldn't believe how lucky I was.
Sarge said I did a really good job, my only improvements need to be better conversation starters and I can't even remember the second one. It's just a really good feeling knowing that your managers are proud of you and happy they chose you.

I was only expecting to do my mock shop and leave but I actually got to be out on the floor! I only got two tables but I ended up making $14 which was perfectly fine with me considering I'm flat broke. One of my tables was an older couple who were easy to take care of but the second table was my favorite. It was a grandpa and his grandson, Jessie. Now Jessie loved me...and I loved Jessie. He told me about how he was in t-ball, his girlfriends at school, how he did karate and he's only 5 years old. I learned our birthdays are 10 days apart and now he officially wants his birthday party to be at Hooters next month. I blew him up a balloon, played tic-tac-toe and everything with him. It was really funny because Sarge told me during my mockshop to sit right next to guys if you read that they're there just to talk to you. I came back to Jessie's table about halfway in and he had scooted over from the very edge to the middle seat and he asked, "Are you gonna sit with us?" I guess he had seen another girl sitting with her tables and was wondering why I wasn't doing the same! It was seriously the cutest thing ever. He colored a picture for me which proudly hangs up in my bedroom and even had the courage to ask if I knew he had a crush on me.

It was seriously the cutest, first experience ever and has officially made me love my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment