Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Second Interview & Hula Hooping

The day of my second interview, I decided on going with a tight skirt and a tank top and flip flops. Definitely less "professional" than my first Hooters' interview but I really just wanted to feel comfortable and to be myself this time. I walked in and had to wait about three minutes for a manager to see me. His name was Gregg and he seemed really nonchalant about things. He asked me the same general questions, however, he did not ask me about tattoos, which worried me because I have a visible tattoo that runs down my spine. It's only Old English script but I knew that most Hooters care about tattoos and want their girls to cover them. I felt extremely comfortable and didn't feel a hint of nervousness. And when he asked if I could hula hoop, I proudly said yes, I can. He told me "Go hula hoop to that guy at the bar" I made sure we were talking about the same person, grabbed a hula hoop and proceeded to shake my hips for a complete stranger. However, I was in an awkward, small space so I could not even hula hoop causing me to laugh and asking the bartender where they normally do it. She showed me and I did my thang and the whole restaurant ended up cheering me on and clapping. It really did make me feel good and my confidence was on full high but when the manager said I'll be right back and came back with instructions on how to use ServSafe, I couldn't believe I got the job! I literally wanted to dance out of the place but I decided on just squealing in the car to my boyfriend instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment